“You are one thing only. You are a Divine Being. An all-powerful Creator. You are a Deity in jeans and a t-shirt, and within you dwells the infinite wisdom of the ages and the sacred creative force of All that is, will be and ever was.” – Anthon St. Maarten
You have more power than you realise. More genius than you can imagine. More wisdom and knowledge than you can ever access. This is not a patronising statement to seduce you into a false belief. You possess unlimited power, although accessing that power is the basis to this blog article.
You see, when we learn to let go of the false belief that we are lacking in some way or inadequate; in that very moment, we arouse our potential. Who you are today is a result of your acquired programs, beliefs, thoughts and ideas about the world. Unless we challenge the status quo, we remain one of the masses. One has only look to mainstream culture to see the effects the media and marketing hype have on our society. We are drawn into a fictitious way of life at the expense of our sanity and earned dollars.
We are conditioned to be like everyone else. We attempt to stand out by decorating our external shell, hoping to be noticed as different from others. Yet we entertain the same thoughts and live the same lives as millions of other people, while longing for a better way. Contemplate this for a moment – when did you last entertain an ORIGINAL thought? In his book Do the Work, author Steven Pressfield realised that it wasn’t until he was thirty years old when he’d pondered an original thought. Every thought prior to that was a result of conditioned beliefs, attitudes and thoughts derived from society.
You Are The Product Of Your Past
- Your thoughts, beliefs, ideas, perceptions etc. are not yours: You acquired these ideals from others as a child and made them your own. Over the years you may have substantiated them by searching for evidence in your external reality. Every time you find evidence, those beliefs are reinforced via your neural network.
- Reality is conditioned to your perception of it: It was the American author Anais Nin who said, “We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.” What she is referring to can be illustrated via the following example. If you were to ask a set twins raised within the same familial environment what their view of marriage is, they might yield two different answers given their experience and history. Therefore, our view of reality is influenced by our internal landscape.
- Change your filter and you change reality: How? By doing the inner work (personal growth via self-awareness) which removes your preconceived ideas of what life is meant to be. Appreciate that life is MORE than what you know it to be. Remain open to new possibilities. Suspend your need to label or judge what you experience. Many people are unaware of these filters and continually react to their external world. They believe reality is FIXED. It is dynamic and pliable, dependant on your inner world.
Those who have achieved enlightenment transcend beyond the material world and no longer see things with a conditioned mind. Their life view can be seen through universal consciousness – ever expansive, unlimited and non-linear. You don’t need to be enlightened to experience similar states of being. You need only drop what you believe is true in order to make way for the absolute truth.
How To Unleash Your Inner Wisdom
- You have the same DNA as all the geniuses that have ever lived before us. It lays dormant waiting for you to access it. Here’s the kicker – it won’t come and get you. You have to provide the desirable circumstances for it to flourish. You must get into alignment with the same energy as that source in order to benefit from that wisdom. Let go of your past conditioning by surrendering this false self. Let go of ideas, beliefs and thoughts which stifle your growth. Let go of what you think you should be and view life with a new mind – lose your mind as it were. Albert Einstein said, “We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.”
- Become passionately curious about the world – live in awe, suspense. Think like a child. Question everything, challenge all things. Steve Jobs said, “…they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.” This is your inner wisdom calling out to you. Let it expand – allow it space to thrive and feed it with passion, enthusiasm and energy.
- Say YES to life – allow the energy of life to permeate through you. Become the expression of universal intelligence coursing through your mind body and spirit. Wisdom is available to us all. It is the deepest part of our nature like the DNA encoded into a tree which bears fruit in season. We need to get out of our head and into our heart.
The heart is the seat of the soul where wisdom resides. It holds the key to universal knowledge and intelligence. One must become quiet enough to hear the call of the heart. In doing so you turn down the volume on the incessant internal chatter that marks one’s mental landscape.
Create time alone to be with yourself. Tune in to your inner nature. Become accustomed and attuned to your desires, your wants, your urges and your passions. This is wisdom beckoning you to connect with it.
If you need motivation to achieve your goals and dreams, my latest e-Book: TRIUMPH: The Art Of Overcoming Challenges, To Achieve Your Goals And Dreams, will help you to stay motivated to achieve them. Available now via Amazon.
Do You Need Motivation?