“The key to growth is the introduction of higher dimensions of consciousness into our awareness.” – Lao Tzu
Consciousness is an ambiguous area that is fraught with unknown. Quantum physicists, philosophers and neuroscientists have been among the few to understand and explain the mechanics and nature of what is consciousness and how it can best serve us.
I don’t believe the topic warrants a thorough dissection in this post, other than knowing a few important details and how acting on this information may serve you. I enjoy the process of simplification when learning something new. I take the “Dummies” guide to understand most things outside of my comfort zone. I will apply the same reasoning and judgment in presenting this piece to you.
Being conscious is far more than being physically awake. It is more than being simply aware. Consciousness is like looking through a lens in order to view reality (life).
When you’re at a raised level of consciousness, you view reality with fresh, clean lenses. Your view is not clouded by past experiences or perceptions. Therefore, your thoughts, beliefs, values and actions become outputs of the level of consciousness you vibrate at.
Still with me? Great. When conscious, you begin to develop an awareness of your thoughts, emotions, own existence, sensations and surroundings. By increasing your consciousness you begin to develop a more accurate view of reality. This allows you to lead a truly rich, vibrant and abundant life full of joy, meaning, happiness and purpose. This serves as the perfect medium to enjoy a life rich in health, wellbeing and vitality. Healthy life = prosperous life!
A person usually vibrates at a certain consciousness, which is said to be his/her default level. There is usually a shift a couple of levels above or below that level depending on the situation. Dr David Hawkins wrote a great book on the topic. He has been instrumental in his work with consciousness, truth and kinesiology. I urge you to read Power vs Force if you get a chance or some extracts from the book to get a basic understanding of the concepts.
An influence on your consciousness is the stimulus in your life. This will include the situations you are in, the people you spend time with and your environment. Your consciousness is open to change and whatever you currently vibrate at, is open to change in the future. Spending time with people who vibrate at higher consciousness levels than yours yet close to, has a powerful effect on influencing your consciousness.
Dr Hawkins has created a map of consciousness. The map shows the two levels of Power vs Force and their corresponding effects. The following link details that chart showing the various levels. I won’t go into detail defining the levels and discussing them in this post. Just know there are varying levels and how they can influence your view of life.
In his book Dr Hawkins cites the effects on humanity when one begins to raise their consciousness. I believe this is worth mentioning here. In raising your consciousness, not only do you have an impact on your own life, but that of humanity as a whole. Remember, we are all connected at a deeper level.
One individual at level 700 counterbalances 70 million individuals below level 200. One individual at level 600 counterbalances 10 million individuals below level 200. One individual at level 500 counterbalances 750,000 individuals below level 200. One individual at level 400 counterbalances 400,000 individuals below level 200. One individual at level 300 counterbalances 90,000 individuals below level 200. Twelve individuals at level 700 equal one avatar at 1,000.
Only 15% of the world’s population is above the critical level of 200. That 15% has the weight to counterbalance the negativity of the remaining 85% of the world’s people. Were it not for these counterbalances, mankind would self-destruct out of the sheer mass of negativity.
You can see why it is important for yourself and mankind that we undertake personal development on a daily basis. When I hear people say, the world is a crazy place and feel they are powerless to make a change, I remind them of the figures above.
You can make a change NOW. Start by inviting peaceful thoughts, stop judging and labelling others. When you see an obese person in the street, send them a loving thought rather than judging them. It has been suggested that your subconscious mind cannot differentiate between judging another person as obese or yourself.
If you feel that you must judge people or situations, use the following thought until you become better at being mindful of your thought process -“isn’t that interesting.” Try it next time and notice how you feel. Remember you are contributing to your own health and that of humanity’s when you raise your consciousness.