“The real rub is finding that authentic self and it’s not something that’s going to come to you overnight.” – Paul Guilfoyle
As mentioned previously in this blog, I sought to create a resource of information that would help others to align with their true nature. In doing so, leaving behind ideas, thoughts and beliefs which no longer served one’s growth.
I presented this seminar entitled Awaken Your Authentic Self, early this year to a small group of people. The feedback was very positive. I explained the concept of aligning with three areas in one’s life to achieve harmony, joy, bliss and happiness in life. This is something which awaits you within. It is not out there to be found or gained. You don’t need to accumulate anything. Focus instead on removing elements of your life which you’re no longer satisfied with.
But how do you know which things to discard and which things to leave? Why must I discard these things I’ve held onto for most of my life you ask? Firstly, let of of anything that isn’t serving your growth right now. Choose not to entertain those thoughts anymore. If I were to hand you a hot coal what would you do with it? Hopefully, drop it! The same rings true for emotions, thoughts, ideas and beliefs which we’ve picked up along our path to adulthood.
If you hold the belief that losing weight is difficult and you’ll never be able to achieve your ideal weight, look at your life right now. Have you achieved your ideal weight? Do you have the health and wellbeing you deserve? If not, examine the beliefs that are holding you back. This is why personal development is an essential part of my work. YOU must do the work, in order to make the breakthroughs.
Secondly, you must discard these non essentials since they’re not serving you. It is not enough to say I want to be lose weight or I want to be (insert intention here). That is a conscious decision which has very little weight behind it, until you take action toward the realisation of it. Action might include, goal setting, joining a health club or reading books on the subject. They bring you closer to the realisation of you goal. The action sets about the creation of that which you deemed was possible to the conscious mind.
In order to Awaken Your Authentic Self, please keep following this blog as I guide and coach you along your journey of self discovery. In the interim, think about and contemplate these key points. Put them to action as soon as possible:
- Discard ideas, beliefs, emotions and thoughts which no longer serve your growth.
- Read, listen and tune into personal development concepts preferably everyday. Even reading a powerful, inspiring quote is enough to connect your mind to the right channel.
- Develop a self awareness, spiritual practice by observing silence in your day. This is the first step. Master this and the rest will follow. You need to train your mind to observe silence, otherwise you’ll listen to every useless thought which enters your mind. 60% – 70% of them were recycled from yesterday and the day before.
- Develop a state of gratitude for all that exists in your life, no matter how small. This is one of the most powerful teachings I can offer you.
- Accept things as they ARE, not as you’d like them to be.
- Have fun, enjoy life, allow the child-like person to emerge from time to time and know that it is all about the JOURNEY. Forget the word destination. That’s yesterday’s news.
Once you start to put these ideas into practice, you’ll notice an internal shift. This is you awakening to infinite possibilities. Life looks grand on the other side. You’ll never want to go back. You can’t – it’s like a full-time vacation in Maui!